4/26/2018

Green Tea Madeleines 抹茶マドレーヌ






Madeleines, which are also known as French Tea Cakes, do sound pretty fancy. I was intimidated by how it looked at first, with its delicate shell shaped and curves on the surface. However, it turnt out to be the easiest bakes I've ever done! It is like a mini cupcake/muffin but much more fluffy and also shaped as classic shells that is just right for every bite. The pan used for baking madeleines contributes greatly to how perfect the curves are baked! Its a slight bitterness but it just so matches perfecty with desserts, like sweet stuff, so Matcha all the way! Its been quite a while since I baked these little cakes as I've been experimenting on other recipes but it feels good to be back. That day was a weekend whereby I baked some cake for my family to enjoy as per usual, and also to take a break and have something sweet to end of the week before we start our busy lives again. Not too fancy or anything extravagant, just a simple quiet evening.


Recipe adapted from Just One Cookbook.





0 comments: